Realisation

I think that I have a confession to make , and it has only taken me two weeks more or less to realise exactly what I done.
I am now comming upto the age of 54 next month, and since the age of 20 I have been driving vehicles of all sorts, firstly in the RAF, then in the ARMY, after witch I started doing European this I stopped two weeks ago after 22 years.
Many people who I met during my time driving often said to me how lucky I was to have such a job where I travel so much, and how does your wife deal with you being away all the time?, my reply was always the same, " well the novelty soon wears off and she gets used to it."
I realise now how much I lied, The real reason for me being away was becouse it was an escape from the financial problems I had at the time at home, it was a way of escaping and leaving the wife to deal with it all, a cowardly act I know, but now I am home to deal with it, although there is not much to deal with now thanks to the support of my wife, but surely I am not the only one who thinks that escapping up the road and leaving your problems behind is the easy way out.
I was lucky I have a good precious wife, and a good boss at the time, now I am driving a 26ton 3 axle Iveco rigid localy and will be home every night and week end, it will take some getting used to and no doubt I will have withdrawall symtoms as well. but I intend to stay where I am now and let the younger driver`s have the, Fun?
I feel better now. cheers.