Driving jobs in motorsport

If anyone is looking for a job driving a racing car transporter, get this week’s Autosport magazine!

Motor Sport Vision are looking for, “Hard-working and smartly presented truckies are required to join the crew driving the 10-strong F2 truck fleet to and from race events. Additional involvement will be required in the setup of the F2 village and race centre as well as being hands-on in the pit lane and pit garages. Some previous race team experience would be preferred. This is an event only role.”

You can see the ad here: tinyurl.com/3m6jjvz

Or apply by the 3rd June by including your CV and current salary to: personnel@formulatwo.com

The job is based at Bedford Autodrome.

Does anyone know what this sort of job pays just out of interest?

Sounds to me that you will only get paid for each event i.e. weekend work,not full time.Same as most in that industry,even Mclaren have agency drivers!!.If you are REALLY into motorsports,give it a try,if you are not that much into motorsports but want to drive a 45ft very very low trailer with motorsports plastered down the sides…good luck,as they aint much fun to drive i can tell you.And once you get track-side…god its sooooooooooo boring!!!

f2 ain’t weekend work. you will be trackside for 3 daysproberbly longer with set ting up then you got traveling to and from circuit. if i was a single man i would have a go at it. sadly married with kid :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :wink:

can find info on the places you would be attending here http://www.formulatwo.com/default.aspx

jonboy

fingers:
f2 ain’t weekend work. you will be trackside for 3 daysproberbly longer with set ting up then you got traveling to and from circuit. if i was a single man i would have a go at it. sadly married with kid :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :wink:

can find info on the places you would be attending here http://www.formulatwo.com/default.aspx

jonboy

That was interesting, thanks for posting the link. It’s not for me either, I’d have to polish my zimmer frame to fit in there. :laughing: