Ackworth / Onward Transport

Yes kev it was a beast in its own right, i was told it came from wheeler road way back and repaired back to life and was put to use in the garage breakdowns and call outs through the T.A. ive been dragged back once. The thing could pull a house down
i was told it had a 580 ■■■■■■■ lump in it they got from some where i went to a breakdown one time at grantham roundabout a unit and trailer from ackworth had rolled over right on roundabout a team of us had to go and handball all the glass packed in boxes out the back doors what a day that was when the trailer was empty they knocked a hole in the trl floor throw a chain and pulled it back on its feet we all looked on in amazment pete shaw the garage foreman and a young fitter i think it was kev (porky ) booth went about it like it was a nothing out off the normal working day the veh was an ERF day cab the driver went through the windscreen with the steering wheel in is hand pete then just jumped in the unit put a ring spanner on the steering nut the thing fired up 1st time and he drove it on to the services. funny how a picture brings back in your head that must have been summer 1986.but the wrecker was a beast you had to have arms and legs like garth only one or two would dare drive the thing it was sold off when @*q&$ING B.O.C took over looking at the picture all the livery as been removed but the pic could be 15 years old I wonder where the pic was taken as well kev. I will try to post those photos on the site kev asap ok mate.