Fuller 9 speed shift pattern

speedway:
Hi,I posted this on the ‘New and wannabe Truck drivers’ forum but was advised to repost here (thanks moderators) as some of the more, (ahem) mature drivers may be able to help.

I’m rebuilding an old 1930’s fairground ride and as part of which I’ve got an 1980 B series ERF with a ■■■■■■■ 250 engine and what I believe is a Eaton Fuller 9 speed gearbox, but I’m not sure).

There is a pull up elecric air switch on the shift lever to change between low and high range.

I have class 2 licence and have driven modern lorries but have only moved the ERF lorry round the yard.

I believe the gear shift pattern is as follows but not totally sure:

low range

left top - reverse
left bottom - crawler
middle top - first
middle bottom - second
right bottom - third
right top - fourth

high range

middle top - fifth
middle bottom - sixth
right bottom - seventh
right top - eighth

There is no indication of what the shift pattern in in the cab. Can anyone confirm this pattern. Also any advice on shifting gears with this type of gearbox?

Thanks for the replies so far and for those (I hope) yet to come.

If you want to find up more about the ride then check my website at

http://www.ridersofthelostark.co.uk

Im trailing my way through these forums and came across this rather old post, but as I remember driving a ‘V’ reg Leyland Bison Flatbed with this gearbox configuration i felt I should comment on my experiences. It had a clutch brake, which for most of the time broke, but when you got use to just dabbing the clutch to change gear, after you had got it rolling, was actually a really easy gearbox to use.
My first experiences of this where however not so good, I broke the clutch brake, I got a b*llocking and lots of grief from the guv but hey I learned quickly. That was in the late 80s but it was fun, no sleeper and booking into digs…days have certainly changed in my short time of driving HGVs since the mid 80s!