Nothing to do with trucks

Nothing to do with trucks I know but do any of you lads and lasses know anything about LEXUS cars especially the IS 300.
Good points
Bad points
any info would be usefull

Cheers

Dave :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

They are basically a Toyota Avensis I think. They are Toyotas luxury marque if you like and from what ive heard are ultra reliable and ive never heard any horror stories. They hold there value well and are a right comfortable and nippy motor. The backlight clusters are very attractive and every boy racer in the country now has replicas on the back of there shopping trolley fiestas and novas!!

Check the auto trader website and they actually give a review of the car. To be honest Ill never be able to afford one so Im not gonna bother checkin this up but keep us posted on what you find out as im very interested in cars!!

happy huntingโ€ฆ

regards

kev

Although a very good car, as Toyotaโ€™s are, If you want to spend as much money as one would cost you for a luxury car my advice is buy an AUDI, they never rust and in my oppinion are the best and most reliable car made.

The basic model of the Lexus is said to be very disappointing, with a poor ride, and low equipment levels. Buy an Audi or a merc instead, or even the new Skoda Superb.

My son is a qualified Toyota service advisor and he works with both Toyota and Lexus vehicles. He is telling me what to write as I type this.

Good Points

Solid build quality.
Good ride.
Good value inrespect of equipment levels, equal to most BMW or Mercedes specs for less money.
Low servicing costs.
3 year 60,000 mile warranty if buying new with balance transferrable to new owner if sold within that time.

Bad points

Not great fuel economy, depends on driving style.
Many suffer from head gasket problems if not looked after correctly, many high milage ex-fleet vehicles suffer this.
Heavy on tyres, especially rears.
Check for uneven front tyre wear which can indicate front lower arm bushes wearing as they can be prone to this.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies folks all info very usefull.

Dave. :smiley: