Training Diary

DAY 4 OF TRAINING.

Got up at 6.15am same as i have done all this week to have my lessons, left home at just gone 7 to get to Pauls yard just before 8, wes feeling pretty tired this morning and said to Paul that is is due to the fact that when i finish my lesson i am driving back home and then onto work paving/landscaping and then not getting home til around 6, so a bit knackered when i get home.

Anyway today i have knocked work on the head and come straight home to have the afternoon off and have a rest before my test tomorrow, will tell you why in a bit…

Anyway started off by doing all the pre-flight checks, lights, air, tyres etc, Paul asked me to show him how to check the oil / water and washer levels, a few questions regarding condition of tyres, wheel nuts and body condition and weight distribution and then we jumped into the truck and headed off.

The first 2 and a half hours were great, covered some test routes, all the usual stuff, built up areas, dual carriageways etc, did a couple of tight left and right turns for good measure, have now mastered these after yesterdays ■■■■ up :sunglasses: .

Did a run up the m61 for 2 junctions and then through some shopping areas, bus lanes etc, i am really feeling at home in the truck now, taking corners/turns etc nice and slowly, no wrong gears, no crossing of the arms, so was feeling pretty chuffed.

Did a few hillstarts and a pulling out from behind a parked vehicle etc, had a cup of tea and then back into the truck for the last hour, as we were progressing Paul noticed that i was starting to be a bit hasty on some gear changes and then on a roundabout i was turning right and rolled over ( only just) the edge of the island when going round :blush: , then i took off in 5th at some lights ( thought i had knocked it down to low range and into 3rd :blush:

Paul reckoned that this was down to fatigue as i had been driving solid for around 3 and a half hours with only a 15 min break, i had to agree with him, i was feeling shattered…

Drove nice and steady back to the yard and parked up.

Starting a bit later tomorrow, .8.30 instead of 8.00 and doing a bit of driving with a few short breaks so hopefully i will be at my best for my test at 10.15 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Around 20 hours to go :open_mouth: so watch this space… i am working tomorrow straight after my test so won’t be posting til about 6 so will have to keep you in suspenders til then :smiley:.

I know, i know, you are thinking, oh how will you get through the day not knowing, just keep yourselves busy and the time will fly by…just don’t sit around anxiously waiting all day…mow the lawn, take the dog for a walk, wash the car, get the shopping done, have a spring clean…please please please don’t worry…it will be worth the wait…I HOPE :open_mouth: :open_mouth: