The story so far - NOW PASSED CLASS 1

WOW what a diffirent 6 months make, so I thought I’d update this as i know what help these things are to newbies as they were helpful to me. I been driving class 2 for chamberlains transport now for 1/2 year and so far so good getting to know the road network much better and just generally enjoying it well apart from some places in London ain’t much fun. Now im back training again for my class 1. So any pointers or advice will be greatly appreciated :smiley: Im learning in t reg volvo fh12 (I think thats what its called). I’ve got 4 days training and test this Friday so fingers crossed I can do it.

Day 1 Monday 28/02

So we start the day of with literally me jumping straight in the drivers seat, told to pull forward and reverse it round the parked cars, “eh ok right need remember turn the other way to get trailer go where I want it” kind of pulled it of well with Mick the instructor telling me lol. We go out on the roads through dunstable and around Leighton Buzzard just getting a feel for the vehicle but im brushing kerbs now and again. But all in all a good productive day. We had to drop a fella off doing his test in the artic and fair play to him he passed so well done Tim.

Day 2 Tuesday 01/03

2nd day and we’re off to the test centre first thing drop a lad off taking his class 2 we then get picked up and taken back to the yard and we’re off out in the artic so abit more of nice tight country roads and pulling up and moving off safely we go back to the test centre to meet the chap whos been on test, and would you belive it he has passed aswell so well done again. “Right you drive the rigid and I’ll drive the artic back” says Mick (instructor) ok no drama I learned to drive in this, so back to the yard drop off said chap then we’re off out again. We go to the old air strip that ctt own to practise reversing. Now im starting to get the hang of it but I really need to be getting closer to the first cones that you line up with to allow me more room and also im over correcting my steering at times but 4 times we did it and I got it in the box all 4 but 3 of them I had shunts. More training on that probarly thursday :smiley: But all in all a good day.