Start C+E Training 9th February

Hello everyone, Yes its true I passed with 6 minors :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sorry I would have been on here Friday but we went away for the weekend almost as soon as I got home :sunglasses:

Didn’t start off great, the only part I wasn’t worried about was the reverse and guess what, its the part that I almost fell at the first hurdle!! :unamused:
I needed 1 shunt to straighten up and then only went and touched the barrier at the back! :cry: I thought I had blown it! But just another minor. :blush:
Then straight onto uncouple/couple before going out on the road. I was worried about this and was pleased to get it over with. First attempt to recouple the pin didn’t quite drop so back into the cab and really gave it some and all was well. :laughing: This I think I was most worried about but it was fine.
Then out for a drive, cocked up gears coming out of test center! 1 minor. A1M South, turn off A64 towards Leeds. Got a minor here when coming off the A1 even though I started to signal at second marker and checked mirrors? I really don’t know why. :confused:
Turned on the usual Thorner road tight left then left again on mini roundabout no problems and down to the Leeds outer ring road for a quite sharp and tight right turn. think this was fine.
Now along ring road until A58 Wetherby road and back towards the test center. When I got to the big main roundabout near wetherby police station it was really busy with none of the cars using there indicators. :imp: I seemed to wait for ages as I didn’t know where they were going. I knew if I pulled out and a car came round it would be an instant fail :open_mouth: At last it seemed fine but then a van that I was sure was turning off vied a bit to the right and I stopped again as thought he was going to come my way. He didn’t and turned off so I went again but got a minor (undue hesitation) but would rather get that than instant fail! :wink:
Got back to Walton test center having no idea if I had passed or not and seemed to wait an age before the examiner said I’d done it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Not sure where I got the other minors, 1 was steering and other change direction but didn’t notice getting them.

When I saw paul (EDT) again I asked him about the examiner i’d had (R G Kitchen) and he said he was one of the bosses and not here very often! :open_mouth:

So here I am a full C+E licence holder, I can’t wait for it to come back from the DVLA :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: All I had on New Years day was C1 from when i passed my car test 21 years ago :grimacing: :grimacing:

If your in the Yorkshire area thinking of LGV training then Elmet Driver Training is fantastic. Paul is a great bloke and very honest. I’m sure he could have told me I needed more training than I did and made more money but he didn’t. I did 3 days training for cat C and passed 1st time in January with 8 minors and then only 2 days training and passed 1st time with 6 minors for C+E.
He must have saved me a fortune! :wink: Cheers mate :slight_smile:

I’m now thinking of doing the ADR training with the money I’ve saved from not having any extra training and not needing any retests. Also I’ll get 21 CPC points as I have grandfather rights until 2014. Hargreaves is just round the corner from me, I could walk there. Any experience doing ADR with them anyone?

Rob