Nostalgia!!

fonzi:
Cor What a hoot, I found this site by accident and I’ve just spent the best reading time and what a memory jerk-er. some of the stuff here was a distant memory slotted away in the old memory draws until now that is. the mention of some of the old names ( companies ) brought back many thoughts ( some good some really bad ) but all part of my life gone by. I started driving trucks in the UK when I reached 21years 1971 ( I started in Aussie two years before as you only had to be 19 to drive a semi their ) and when I returned to the UK I got my UK licence through J. SPURLINGS who were then in silver town way. I didn’t stay there long before moving on to G L BAKER in channelsea road ( think that’s spelt write ) stratford e15. Ronny Muggleton was transport manager then I think.
and i used to drive a GUY I thought it was the bees knees then. But I had my sites set on driving on the continent so I just kept phoning around till someone would give me a chance. And that happened to be LACEYS OF BARKING. my first truck was a leyland buffalo non sleeper ( used to have a drop down bunk behind the seats ) but I didn’t care at the time ( I was young and full of glory hahaha ) I used to do a regular run to Frankfurt ( there were two of us with the old buffalos ) we must have been insane but i had such a good time I was trucking and on the wrong side of the road… Then i went into the yard one Sunday morning and lo and behold I had been given a Scania 110 ( again a non sleeper ) I felt like i had won the pools ( no lottery then ) but at least you could hear the radio and it went up hills faster than walking pace. I worked for LACEYS on and off over a period of time, and I drove my all-time favorite truck with them that being the Ford transcontinental what a cracking truck and I loved that old ■■■■■■■■ engine bugger to start in the winter up the blanc but I loved it…
I don’t know if I’ve got all the times correct but that’s memory for u. I went to work for a guy called Phil Gibson ( P G INTERNATIONL ) I drove a MAN with a column gear change comfy motor but gutless engine, I used to pull FRIGOSCANDIA TRAILERS from Stratford yard, mainly to FOGGIA in Italy. again they were good times Used to stop at the BAKEHOUSE at MACON always full of Brits and had some good laughs there. I could go on and on but I think I will have a break now and give my self time to recall more of them dusty old memories, keep up the good work I just love it…

Does anyone know what happened to Ronnie Muggleton? Would like to contact re. J & H Transport. Doug Cull.