Start C+E Training 9th February

Another and last day over with driving test tomorow morning :open_mouth:
Back to the reversing area and did a couple more. Needed 1 shunt on the 1st but second go better. So thats 5 goes at the reverse and all ok :smiley: I think I’ll be ok on this but who knows! :wink:
Then on to the uncouple/recouple, 1st one pin didn’t drop again so back into cab and really gave it some hammer and hey presto it dropped :slight_smile: but then had trouble remembering the correct order of what to do. Really started to worry about it but second go (and final before test :blush: ) did go better so fingers crossed. :unamused:
Then it was up to Harrogate and Knaresborough. Really intense today and hard work we seemed to hardly ever stop.
Got told off for making a car stop and wait on roundabout. I was told I would fail for that but I was on the roundabout before the car but because he was going faster than me and a Peugeot 406 is much shorter than the 18ton truck with 10ton trailer I was driving he caught me up! If thats the rules then fair enough but seems a little unfair to me. Also happened again with a Jag that was moving a bit, I did have the sun dazzling me and just didn’t see him until I was commited to entering the roundabout :cry: He did take me by supprise. Hope this doesn’t happen on test or it will be bad news :cry:
After dinner we went into Wetherby town and a small ind estate, quite tight and loads of parked cars. Again quite tiring and lots of concentration. A bloke on his C+E test came the other way with the instructor that passed me last month on Cat C, hope thats a good omen :wink:
At least I feel a lot calmer this time that I did for Cat C the night before.
Will post what happens tomorrow.

Rob