Ackworth / Onward Transport

kevmac47:

BIG AW:
Sad to see all these old firm and drivers are fading away no more old lads with story about the good old days and tales off adventure
on the road more likly to step over you than give you hand now .
in the 25or so years in the industry things have change for the worst everybody chasing around and on the end of a phone wanting to know
when and where and it seems that every other driver in a uk lorry is a (overseas person).
Its agood job that flat trailers are only used for special work because the job would grind to a halt some drivers would drive over them has you where folding them
sorry if i sound down about this but it looks like ive got another 25 years to do.

Andy heres a shot of the little merc I bought from Onward when they closed Birtley Depot. I think you may have driven it when you were a boy before you took your HGV test.
regards Kevin. (Taken by Iain)0

Yes kev i think i did at some point i think that one spent time at kirkby when they took over before that it was on that New York Seltzer job they got at ackworth in the late 80s early 90s the age of the veh might shed some light on it. ive found some old photos as well but they aes old old ones i will try to post them on the site or e-mail you them