Scania night heater problem urgent (Fixed by jimmy)

Scania wont come out and fix it ■■■■■ it fires up but wont give any heat im thinking glow plug but its hot so next its the fuel or a fuse i could be missing. Has anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

is there an error come up on the screen?

could be fueling if not,

You could try setting it on 3, run it for a few minutes, then switch it off, then turn back on with it still on 3, and just increase as needed.

no error code but gonna try this setting 3 thing now…

nope still wont draw fuel there is diesel in the pipe blah looks llike a engine on all night then. Scania bible says if it doesnt work goto a workshop… Ded helpfull that is.

Is the fuel pump ticking, fire it up, and jump out of the cab, it is situated on the chassis, inbetween the fuel tanks, unfortunatley, its normaly under the catwalk, if its ticking its ok, if its quiet, the chances are its goosed

You can pull the catwalk up, and try tapping it with a hammer

4 series or R cab??

R series and no cant hear any ticking :S

gallon of petrol, rag, lighter, run like ■■■■, it’ll keep you warm enough :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any smoke coming out of the night heater exhaust outside the cab?

If it’s pure white acrid smoke, and doesn’t alter, sounds to me it’s definitely ■■■■■■.

Ken.

Engine on all night then get rocked to sleep lol cheers anyways.

its the same set up on a 4 series as well as an r series, if you have a 13mm spanner, you can pull the catwalk off, and it sat on a crossmember on the nearside, it may work with a sharp tap!!

Hope that helps driver

shuttlespanker:
gallon of petrol, rag, lighter, run like [zb], it’ll keep you warm enough :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thats what your daf’s need rob :wink:

if it’s 4series check the pipe in side locker… see if its got hole/or not connected…

Jimmy you fixed it!!! wey hey i owe you a beer man

Glad i could be of service Danny, nothing worse than no night heater!! :smiley: :smiley:

Who needs scania lifeline who refuse to come out when you got jimmy!!

you called scania lifeline for a night heater? :unamused:

shuttlespanker:

I was thinking that. And it’s not even that cold at the moment, I haven’t had the heating on at home for a week now.

Coffeeholic:

shuttlespanker:

I was thinking that. And it’s not even that cold at the moment, I haven’t had the heating on at home for a week now.

let’s just say, if one of my drivers had called out the dealer breakdown service for a night heater problem, the driver would have got the bill :unamused:

its 2 deg at the min where i am the boss had the choice engine or fix it. I have to ask him incase he says yes… better night for me up here.

shuttlespanker:

Coffeeholic:

shuttlespanker:

let’s just say, if one of my drivers had called out the dealer breakdown service for a night heater problem, the driver would have got the bill :unamused:

Carefule, someone will start spouting H&S ■■■■■■■■ at you for saying that. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: