A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Hauliers

Nice to see that A E Stuarts are fondly remembered it was a great shame when Roy decided enough is enough.I travelled miles with the drivers as being only 15 at the time and found that all the volvos they had f86s f88s f10 12 ect were great trucks and i can vaguely remember when ross had a scania 110 but it did’nt last to long as the volvos were probably the the best trucks around at the time and their livery and many lights made them stand out many miles ahead,Im sure the first f88s were only 230bhpwith the silver grills then 240bhp with the black grills, then of coarse along came the 290bhps which at the time were so much better to other makes especially with two decks of cattle as they made the hills so much easier to climb. when I passed my hgv1 i drove for roy and enjoyed it very much but like i say good things must come to and end i suppose but i look back to those days and im happy that i with stuarts fleet and was proud to be a part of such a fantastic team of drivers and wonder what they are up to now.
thanks…toplineruk