Old livestock hauliers shropshire

kingswinford kit:

143topline:
never went by marsh and baxters but i think j w hodgetts used to do a lot of work for them.
took a few photos at devis at great bridge, rawsons from hull with an atkinson eight wheeler, thomas bros llanerchymedd anglesey with an impressive erf eight wheeler and trevor north from melton mowbrasy with a scania artic. very close to devis was barretts and baird which was the busiest abattoir, wish i had made more visits there. trucks could be seen from north east scotland, ■■■■■■■■ north east, south west .

kingswinford kit:
Hi chaps anyone got any memories of hauling into Marsh and Baxter at Brierley Hill or Devis butchers Great Bridge , I can remember seeing Crowthers Craven arms and J S Pugh in this area but was not too sure that they had delivered thier regards kk

Hi 143 Topline great bit of information really brings back memories .
I can remember Thomas bros Anglesey having a nice ERF 8 legger with an early LV cab . As for Rawsons they had an Atkinson 8 legger delivering pigs on an regular basis . I am sure quite a few Shropshire hauliers came to Devis’ s as well regards kk

Hi, yes remember Baxters very well, used to be a regular Tuesday pig delivery, also took thousands of welsh store Lambs into Barretts and Baird, easy delivery with a rigid, but a bit of a dogleg on the blindside with an artic, one of the nastiest times was being locked into Barretts new yard when it was raided by animal rights protesters one night, animal rights my arse, load of thugs looking for an excuse more like.
Also remember Baxters old place in Gloucester, think its part of the ring road these days.
regards Andrew.