Middle East in the 70's & 80's

wiz:
I have been reading through some of the older posts, I have found reference to names like Joe 90, John Kemp, Dennis Knight, Trans Arabian Freight, Knight International, Redcliffe Roadways. Does anyone still remember any of these names? :question:

Hi Wiz, Many of the older drivers on this site will have known the drivers / firms you have mentioned. You will see from the Astran / Middle East Drivers that Jo used to do trailer changes in Iskenderun for TAF. Dennis Knight was related to the Knight brothers who owned Knights of Old / TAF but I understand took his money out prior to the firm growing and he later did a couple of spells inside for banned substances, having said that, I found Dennis to be a decent enough bloke and a ■■■■ good driver. I think he later bought a pub, but I have not seen him for maybe 10 yrs. I think John Kemp has passed on, but again a very good successful owner driver who later had a top job with TAF (A Director, I think) .

Many drivers were on for Redcliffe Roadways, Including those mentioned above and others like Brent Savage, Malc Watson, and I also believe Maurice Gray…but to name a few…

Regards RDF