All ride 24 volt microwave

vwgpmk2:

Denis F:

vwgpmk2:
Cheap 700w microwave from Asda/ Tesco (£30)etc 1000w inverter from internet (£70) wired in to main fusebox feed does the job for about £100, Had mine fro a few weeks now with no problems, another of our lads has had the same set up for a couple of years now. Why pay stupid money for the 24volt ones?

does the inverter get hot, I’m not sure about this bit I thought a m-wave with a 700 w output drew a lot more power that that when you start it up !

I’ve got an allride one, as long as you assume it’s a 500w output and give things plenty of time it’s great. IIRC the 24 volt ones have a capacitor in to avoid the power surge on start up .

No the inverter does not get hot, but you need to get one that exceeds the “INPUT” power of the microwave. Mine is a 700w microwave with an input power of 1000w. The inverter is a 1000w continuous with a 2000w surge so is more than capable. You can get bigger inverters but they cost more.
Alternativly look for a “caravan” microwave from a camping shop as these have a lower input power but tend to be a bit more expensive.

I vote for your idea because I would do the same. The cheapo microwaves are usually smallish aswell which makes them ideal for jamming in a small space (as long as the vents are clear etc)