Manitobia companys taking on uk drivers

Canny Lad:
Anybody putting there head up above the parapett or incurring expence to the company is liable to be replaced. Whether the replacements do a better job remains to be seen.

That has always been my position, hasn’t it? I always said that getting noticed there was a bad way to go along, mainly because the better you do, the more they anticipate you will always be able to do it. The one time you aren’t able to do it, regardless of the reason, is the day you become mud to them. So far, Chris has always been able to be entirely flexible… :laughing: (Read NMMs post)

As for the replacements being any better, well so far they haven’t been. I hear tell that a trailer was brought into the yard in the past week with four tyres missing altogether. This was pulled by one of their new recruits.

The pay package sounds ridiculous to me. We all know it is codswallop, and that the chance of getting a load that pays that is, at best, one in a hundred. I always think the best way to sort a pay package is to discuss it at the very start, like I did where I work now. Even after my accident, when I had to go on vans, I didn’t take a drop in pay unless you count the tarps. And this company seem to value people they can go to for something out of the ordinary. BFS value it, too, right up until your doctors appointment coincides with them being in the cart again.

Chris, thanks for posting. Now register for yourself…