Manitobia companys taking on uk drivers

A big thank you to Cannylad for letting me post under his name.
My name is Chris Arbon and I’ll have my say about what I think on where this thread has gone.
I worked with Brentanna and admit I was uncomfortable meeting somebody like this for the first time. however after discussing the matter with other drivers; we all came to the conclusion that we must treat Brentanna the same as any other work colleague;regardless of colour, nationality and appearance. I thought Brentanna did an adequate job as a flatdeck truck driver. I was at Castlegar and Brentanna mucked in and untarped in the rain like the rest of us. When I asked Brentanna for directions to a dealer at Acheson; they put me spot on the place. Having recently been 30 kms down a narrow logging track looking for somewhere to turn round; I can sympathise with any drivers problems.
However, when Brentanna came to Big Freight there were 20 driverless trucks parked on the fence. In the months since then, Big Freight has opened a recruiting office in Winnipeg and introduced an attractive looking pay package. Now there is not a spare truck in the yard and the company, in my opinion, has started to be choosy about who is behind the wheel. Anybody putting there head up above the parapett or incurring expence to the company is liable to be replaced. Whether the replacements do a better job remains to be seen.
I’m not going to say “Let it go” because I’ve been out of a job under similar circumstances. But time is a great healer.
Rgds. Chris.