HGV Licence gone

Trev_H:
I don’t understand the decisions they come to, I know a couple of drivers that inject insulin and keep their licence, others have it taken away from them, why is this?

They’ve probably kept their traps shut about it, rightly or wrongly. I think what the dvla are scared of is if someone forgets their injection, or otherwise fails to take it , they’ll have an attack of somekind that’ll adversely affect their driving.
It’s really bad luck to have your livelihood wiped away at the stroke of a pen especially now we’ve got the caring-sharing-Tories propped up by their Lib/Dem lackeys in the driving seat yet again. These cases must be assesed on their own individual merit. I know of a few drivers who inject insulin, and have therefore had their entitlements revoked, but because they are prompt in their testing/injecting regime, they manage to function properly, so it is therfoe unfair that they are unable to drive trucks. It’s the type who is in denial that is the dangerous one, and, ultimately, the one that all the legislation is aimed at.