Austin and Morris FFk

that brings back memories we had an old one in my cousins breakers yard about 1966 or 67 it was a petrol scammel coupling unit we used it to move cage trailors around the yard so we could load them with light iron I. E. car body panels incidently these trailors were collected by “jones” scrap company which was based right where the new Arsenal football ground is now, in those days we set light to cars just before we went home so we could cut them up in morning (no environental agency then) this would entail cutting off the doors boot lid and bonnet the roof and cut the remaining shell into 4 pieces my job as a kid was to get all the copper wire out of the car and any other metals like brass and with some more expensive makes such as armstrong siddely gunmetal the austin morris we had was the first motor I drove albeit only in the yard and I learnt to reverse it my cousin was the kind of guy who would push you into the river so you would learn to swim so he never told me how to reverse an artic he would offer the odd derogatoray remark but really he knew how to get the best out of you, these vehicles are really not talked about much on this forum we all know about f88s scanies aec,s fodens and all the other great makers but there was a whole load of smaller vehicles which did as much work as all the glory models nice to see one of these on here sorry if I have gone on a bit but it brought back some very nice memories for me of people who are no longer with us plus I have spent the day painting so ready for a rant , have a nice evening all my ole girl is now glued to “strictly come dancing” so will have to watch brucie or do what harry gill does and get the malt bottle out cheers fred m