Old livestock hauliers shropshire

jonto:
Hi Haydons sold to Ian Phillips, Baldwins Gate, he has my old Triumph TR4 1421VT restored and running. Mears are still going, another north staffs firm was Ron Marsh. I know Haydons have a photo album as I’ve seen it.

I’m a newbie and have been posting a lot of Haydons wagons on the “Companys in Stoke on Trent” section. If you don’t mind me gate crashing the Shropshire lads I’ll post a few here. Some lovely wagons and I couldn’t believe the Mear’s Atki - I remember it well from the 70s although I thought it had a canopy back then. I remember being at a market one day when news filtered through that one of their drivers had been found under the drawbar trailer, crushed by it - he’d been doing something with the handbrake and it rolled on him - passers by thought he was under it, fixing something! I think he was injured but OK - about 1977/78?

Brand new (polythene on seats and no reg) 1966 E reg (I think) Albion 6 wheeler (underpowered apparently) gull wing mud guards, wooden box with sheep deck and a shot of the yard in Biddulph in the early 60s. 7 Albions and a lovely Bedford.

Albion6.jpg