Northwest Trucks

Bewick:

harry_gill:

240 Gardner:

Stanfield:
Have we had this one on before if so my apoligies.Another excellent photo by the late Roger Kenney.I have added his name onto the photo.0

Nice photo - this motor was acquired with business of R Griffiths of Blackburn

hiya,
Ah Griffiths moved into crane hire in a big way after their haulage sell-out, one of the family members Tom ran a clearing house with his partner Wally from some railway arches in the East End of London remember when on for Fearings we used them a lot for return loads always seemed to have plenty of work i think they also ran a little i think 3 tonner for collection and delivery.
thanks harry long retired.

You are a veritable mine of interesting info “H”! all you require is an archive photo to unlock the old memory cells! The sheeting and roping on the 8 wheeler is truly wonderous to be-hold don’t you think!!! I don’t think “H” and me could improve on it one iota!!!Dennis.

hiya,
Don’t forget Dennis i did a couple of spells for Bowkers and those guys like your goodself liked a tidy motor and personally i always thought if a job had to done even if being taken by another driver ie a night trunker it had to be tidy, even when doing a multi dropper i always tidied the back end up before moving off, hated flapping sheets, and got to admit the Griffs motor passes with flying colours, but can’t lay claim to that one, although was a driver at the time of that take-over not for Bowkers, i think at that time would have been on for not John (he was the young fitter) but the dad Robbie Killingbeck or Blackburn BRS.
thanks harry long retired.