Changing local time on Digital/Analogue tachographs

It’s that time of year again when clocks change.

On a digital tachograph all data is recorded in UTC time so nothing needs to be changed for that but if you want to change the local time that’s displayed on the VU screen here’s how.

Thanks to Novadata for putting these video’s on Youtube

Siemens Digital Tachograph

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph

Actia Digital Tachograph

Hope this helps.

Everyone else seems to be ignoring it so I’ll say thanks to Tacho for that, very useful post indeed!

Excellent! - I’ve just started using a Stoneridge tacho, and still can’t get used to it compared to my old Siemenes unit :laughing:

Cheers!

Stu190:
Excellent! - I’ve just started using a Stoneridge tacho, and still can’t get used to it compared to my old Siemenes unit :laughing:

Cheers!

Stoneridge tacho AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! :angry:

We had the stoneridge tachos removed from our scanias and replaced with siemans units which were in the volvo’s

Grahamy09:

Stu190:

Cheers!

We had the stoneridge tachos removed from our scanias and replaced with siemans units which were in the volvo’s

Sounds like a plan, all you need now is the Scanias removing from the yard and replacing with a proper lorry :wink:

Grahamy09:

Seems like overkill to me, Stoneridge digital tachographs aren’t as easy to learn to use as Siememens but they’re OK when you get used to them.

Having said that I haven’t used a Stoneridge for a couple of years so maybe my memory is playing tricks :smiley:

Leave it for the day driver!! :sunglasses:

Thanks Tachograph, of course I hadn’t really forgotten the clocks change at the weekend :blush: :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Sounds like a plan, all you need now is the Scanias removing from the yard and replacing with a proper lorry :wink:

Tell me about it heh! - Why we’ve decided to have Scania’s god only knows, still, gaffer knows best eh? :open_mouth: :unamused:

Grahamy09:

Wish we could do the same! - Why can’t there just be one standard tacho across the range…i.e Siemens :laughing:

how do i change the time on the one my Actros? It’s normally in for a ‘service’ this time of year so mickanicks do it. Its a ‘digital’ type display but is analogue…ta

Actrosman:
how do i change the time on the one my Actros? It’s normally in for a ‘service’ this time of year so mickanicks do it. Its a ‘digital’ type display but is analogue…ta

Don’t you have to do it with the dash display and without a card in? I seem to remember that when you open the drawer and then close it,the new time is then displayed.

Try reading the driver’s handbook,that’s what I did.And mine’s in Dutch!

I was about to post a question asking how to change the local time on my new friend. Thanks very much to who ever provided the videos & thank you Tachograph for posting the info. Much appreciated.

BB

KW:

Actrosman:

Don’t you have to do it with the dash display and without a card in? I seem to remember that when you open the drawer and then close it,the new time is then displayed.

Try reading the driver’s handbook,that’s what I did.And mine’s in Dutch!

i would if it was anywhere in the cab…might still be at Port Of Tynes,it came to us nearly 4 years ago from an O/D who subbed (i think) and was ‘purchased from the O/D’ a bit rapid when we needed another unit quick smart…can’t say anymore,nudge nudge :wink: :wink:

Actrosman:

If it’s the type bellow or similar:

It’s a long time since I’ve done this but as far as I can remember before inserting a chart you press the M button then press the + or - buttons to adjust the time then press the M button again.

It’s not too clear but you can just see the M (memory) and +/- buttons on the right side of the tachograph.

tachograph:

Actrosman:

It’s a long time since I’ve done this but as far as I can remember before inserting a chart you press the M button then press the + or - buttons to adjust the time then press the M button again.

It’s not too clear but you can just see the M (memory) and +/- buttons on the right side of the tachograph.

Most of those type do it them self as long as there is no card in either the driver 1 or driver 2 positions. It’s one of the reasons why you shouldn’t have a card in the driver 2 slot when on single manned operation.

Remove all charts, close drawer, turn on ignition, unit whirrs a bit and clock is set to new time. Sorted.

tachograph:

Actrosman:

yep,it’s one of those…i’ll see what happens with both sets of instructions,thanks Coffeeholic and to Tachograph for the post…how many ‘noobies’ were starting to get a bit worried!! My take on digi’s…their all cack :laughing:

Well being new to these digital tachos I had a look at mine this morning and it asked me if the new time it was displaying was correct, I pressed yes and now it’s done. Doesn’t seem to hard to me!