Manitobia companys taking on uk drivers

I take all of what is said on board. I am in touch with most of you so know the score…

But!

I was one of the earlier immigrant drivers there and they were really really good to me in the beginning. I would never have recommended them if they had ever treated me in the manner described. Admittedly, they did take some liberties. As Mark said, having to take your vehicle to Winnipeg was a joke, but you had to make sure it was arranged in your favour to get yourself back before you agreed to take it. Also, I never had any real issues with their maintenance. If it broke down and I could bodge it up then I did, and I never had any problems with it afterwards. When I did the Winter Roads for them, nothing was ever an issue. You could have come back with the drive axle in the cab and they would have fixed it for you, and that was something which followed on the highway for me.
Derek backed me to the hilt with the clowns in Peterbilt, Moncton when they jerked me about that time. In fact, he was the only person was able to calm me enough to be able to drive myself out of there instead of being driven off in handcuffs.

My problems started because of that idiot englishwoman, her ignorant pig of a husband and the clown in the office who lusted after her, and because of their attitude towards my wife’s cancer. If they had got rid of those morons in the first place then I probably would have stayed for a long time.

I also know of the situation regarding the PR thing with John and a few others and it is a genuine thing. If the company withdraws their job offer before you physically get your landed visa in your passport then you are done, simple as that. The company had been caught enough that they had learned not to trust anyone. Hell, even I jacked in, although I didn’t even have my PR when I did. They were in the crapper for a long time. With any luck they will pull themselves out of it and sort themselves out, but that will take time and effort and I don’t know if the man at the helm has the wherewithall to do it.