Documents & equipment required for international journey

Vascoingles:

roberto23:
Having the European authorisation laminated is apparently not tolerated in Germany. I know a couple of drivers who were fined last year for this. Seems to me like the common sense thing to do for the longevity of the original document but there you go!

all our drivers have the EU authorisation in plastic envelopes which can be easily opened and reclosed

Anyone running a truck that is not registered in the UK is expected to carry all the vehicle documents, so it is much easier to keep them in a see through folder in the cab rather than expecting a plating certificate to last 12 months in a leaky frame riveted to the side of the trailer and remain readable :stuck_out_tongue:

I can think of several documents that are presented to the Gendarmerie, Rijkswacht or BAG when they stop you for a chat. Vignette, APK, Green Card, Letter of Authority to drive, Insurance certificate, Type Approvals, for the trailers in france you will carry similar documents including possibly ADR and GV60 type document.