Northwest Trucks

Growing up in the 70’s outside Manchester I regularly used to hear the guy up the road who worked for Sudlows Carriers leaving in the early hours in his Foden S80 - a joy to be woken up as he had to change down just as he passed our house!! As part of my dads job with the Manchester Ship Canal he had to liaise with their transport arm , Bridgewater Transport Services and I would be taken along on a Saturday morning to be given free run of the yard - ERF A and B series, Atki Borderers, Fodens and joy of joys those new fangled Ford Transcontinentals - some of the 1st in the country if I remember rightly. As an under 10 year old it seemed a long way to the ground from the cab of one of those. I also remember that they had two Volvo F86’s, the only foreign wagons owned and they were bought for a specific contract, Kellogs, and painted in Kellogs red and white with blower trailers. Any one got any pics of Bridgewater I would love to see- the company used to give me official photos but they have been lost over the years