A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Hauliers

aecinsalop:
Thanks for that andrew, I was very busy at Gaydon marshalling the exhibitors etc, I will be at Onslow Park you will find me in the commentators pavillion between 10.30 and 1pm. What news of Roy and Ross Stuart, are still operating, we worked together in 1970s reloading each others vehicles from all over the country, Stuarts were regular visitors to Bayston Hill to reload and re fuel etc… I did see most of there Volvo’s throughout the seventies, not a picture taken!! What happened to Treverva Transport, I know that we bought one of there double deck trailers!
Andrew, please bring your photos, I will bring mine too! I can burn you a disc I live within a mile of the show…
David Parry

Thanks for your message Mr Parry. As you may know, Stuarts still hold the Volvo Truck & Bus agency for the Westcountry, operated from the site at Clyst St Mary where they ran the lorries & had the lairidge. I believe that this is where Ross is involved mostly. They fatten a fair amount of cattle & also run contract farming & an agricultural contracting business out of Hill Barton. This is one of Roy, & his Son Troy’s, area of activity. Sadly their father Alf (A.E.) Stuart passed away only a few weeks ago.

I will try to get hold of my Uncle’s photographs for Onslow weekend. I’ve been speaking to him this evening & he say’s he can remember coming to your yard. He also said that he remembers you running Seddon Atkinsons at the time. My Mum & Dad should be up from Honiton for the Bank Holiday Weekend & the Rally. Incidentlly, Dad was at school with Roy & they used to get about together a fair bit. Some years later, when they were old enough to drive, they took Alf’s Thames Trader to Pitlochry to collect a horse!

Anyway, hope to see you at Onslow, Andrew Stone.