Stoneridge tacho's manual entries

Hi Dave yep I remember my ADR well :smiley: - Hope your ok?

Ok I’ll give this a go but I am not the best at explaining myself in words and for me this is quite complicated so I will try and break this down into steps. The thing to remember about the stoneridge and manual entries is to look at the symbols on the screen - right here goes.

1. Put your card in and the tacho will ask you if you are in the UK. Click on the tick (for yes)

2. It will then ask you if you want to do a manual entry - again click on the tick (for yes)

3. The tacho will then say “cont day” which means is the entry for a continuation of the current working day? For this example we will click on the X (for no) as we will assume that the manual entry is for a new working day. By this I mean that you started work at 07:00 but did not get to your truck until 07:20.

4. You will then see a screen that will have symbols, times and dates on it. This is the beginning of the manual entry screen. The first thing you should notice in the top left hand corner is the work status symbol which is highlighted in bold. This is the first thing that you must change - In other words the tacho wants to know what status your manual entry is i.e. POA, work etc. This symbol is changed by using the up and down arrows until you find the correct symbol. Once the correct symbol has been found enter it by pressing the enter button which looks like a curved arrow.

5. After the symbol has been selected you will need to enter the date and the time of the beginning of your manual entry. Press the enter button until you highlight the data that you want to change and then make these changes by pressing the up and down keys. Warning - Always check for the correct date and do not assume that the tacho will select the correct date as it does not. You will need to change the date. After having selected the symbol date and time, the beginning of the manual entry is complete.

6. After having done this you will notice that you will go back to a very similar screen as before. This screen is to enter the finish symbol, time and date of your manual entry. You will notice though that the status symbol in the top left hand side has now moved to the right hand side of the clock. This indicates the end time screen.

7. Now as you did with the start times etc, enter the end time of your manual entry. Once again press the enter button to move through the fields until you reach the end. Note - If you do not bring your manual entry up to the immediate time and date, the tacho will ask you for another manual entry as there will be a time difference that it cannot account for. If this is the case just put in another entry to account for this time.

8. After you have inputed all of your manual entries to bring you up to the tacho’s UTC - you will then go to another screen which will say “modify entiries”. Click on the x (no) and that’s it you are good to go :smiley:

The tacho will actually say “ready to drive” :smiley:

I’m sure that I have not really explained this correctly and I am happy to talk the original OP through the process as its not as tricky as it seems. :confused: