Stoneridge tacho's manual entries

for the past 3 weeks i’ve been in a scania! and i’ve also had to make manual entries i’ve survived the scania ok with only slightly pulling the curtains while i’m driving but i’ve totally failed in the manual entries can anyone give me some tips please

I can just about do it, but the software programmers didn’t exactly make it easy.

Stoneridge SE5000

Check the bottom of the page for the quick guide download for the REV 6. (unless it’s a REV 7, but that has an “OK” button rather than a “enter arrow” button).

Does that help?

(There’s an interactive Flash training video thing HERE (zipped file) too. (exe runs on Windows and seems okay on Linux with Wine)

thanks macplaxton, i’m currently stood on my head ready part 2!!! pure genius at stoneridge lol

I have to do this everyday with the stoneridge - so if you have any problems just drop me a PM :slight_smile:

m4rky:
I have to do this everyday with the stoneridge - so if you have any problems just drop me a PM :slight_smile:

Or ask the questions and give the answers on this thread so others who may have the same problem can also benefit from your knowledge.

Just a thought as it is sort of the idea of a forum. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

m4rky:

Or ask the questions and give the answers on this thread so others who may have the same problem can also benefit from your knowledge.

:laughing: Yep agreed but if he has a specific issue its probably easier to speak about the problems with the stoneridge :confused:

m4rky:
:laughing: Yep agreed but if he has a specific issue its probably easier to speak about the problems with the stoneridge :confused:

Hi Mark,

Remember me? :smiley:

Whilst I completely agree with your point, wouldn’t be an idea if the info was shared for all to see?

:bulb: Somebody has to start a topic, which the OP did, then there’s an opportunity for folks to pitch in with hints, tips and possibly some further questions. If something that’s not necessarily ‘private’ is dealt with ‘off-forum,’ the opportunity for open discussion may be lost to the wider audience.

IMHO, it’s this type of interaction which makes forums what they are.

m4rky:

Coffeeholic:

m4rky:

But I bet he won’t be the only one with that specific issue and in PM you help one person, in the forum you could help many. :wink: I have no idea how to do manual entries with the Stoneridge as I have never used one and if you do it in PM I will still be none the wiser when the day comes I drive a vehicle with a Stoneridge.

Let’s share and feel the love. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Mr B:
thanks macplaxton, i’m currently stood on my head ready part 2!!! pure genius at stoneridge lol

:confused: - Now I’ve looked at Revision 7 I see what you mean! :laughing:

On my Adobe Reader a right click and “rotate clockwise” twice or holding CTRL and SHIFT together whilst pressing the + key does the same.

macplaxton:

Mr B:

… or holding CTRL and SHIFT together whilst pressing the + key does the same.

If he does that while standing on his head he is going to fall over and it will be your fault. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Dave yep I remember my ADR well :smiley: - Hope your ok?

Ok I’ll give this a go but I am not the best at explaining myself in words and for me this is quite complicated so I will try and break this down into steps. The thing to remember about the stoneridge and manual entries is to look at the symbols on the screen - right here goes.

1. Put your card in and the tacho will ask you if you are in the UK. Click on the tick (for yes)

2. It will then ask you if you want to do a manual entry - again click on the tick (for yes)

3. The tacho will then say “cont day” which means is the entry for a continuation of the current working day? For this example we will click on the X (for no) as we will assume that the manual entry is for a new working day. By this I mean that you started work at 07:00 but did not get to your truck until 07:20.

4. You will then see a screen that will have symbols, times and dates on it. This is the beginning of the manual entry screen. The first thing you should notice in the top left hand corner is the work status symbol which is highlighted in bold. This is the first thing that you must change - In other words the tacho wants to know what status your manual entry is i.e. POA, work etc. This symbol is changed by using the up and down arrows until you find the correct symbol. Once the correct symbol has been found enter it by pressing the enter button which looks like a curved arrow.

5. After the symbol has been selected you will need to enter the date and the time of the beginning of your manual entry. Press the enter button until you highlight the data that you want to change and then make these changes by pressing the up and down keys. Warning - Always check for the correct date and do not assume that the tacho will select the correct date as it does not. You will need to change the date. After having selected the symbol date and time, the beginning of the manual entry is complete.

6. After having done this you will notice that you will go back to a very similar screen as before. This screen is to enter the finish symbol, time and date of your manual entry. You will notice though that the status symbol in the top left hand side has now moved to the right hand side of the clock. This indicates the end time screen.

7. Now as you did with the start times etc, enter the end time of your manual entry. Once again press the enter button to move through the fields until you reach the end. Note - If you do not bring your manual entry up to the immediate time and date, the tacho will ask you for another manual entry as there will be a time difference that it cannot account for. If this is the case just put in another entry to account for this time.

8. After you have inputed all of your manual entries to bring you up to the tacho’s UTC - you will then go to another screen which will say “modify entiries”. Click on the x (no) and that’s it you are good to go :smiley:

The tacho will actually say “ready to drive” :smiley:

I’m sure that I have not really explained this correctly and I am happy to talk the original OP through the process as its not as tricky as it seems. :confused:

That’s very different to the Siemens unit, and seems more button presses are required.

Coffeeholic:
If he does that while standing on his head he is going to fall over and it will be your fault. :wink:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Forgot to put the chump disclaimer on :grimacing:

Coffeeholic:
That’s very different to the Siemens unit, and seems more button presses are required.

Yep, PITA. Took me ages trying to fathom it out. Need to remember to stick some instructions in the bag.

Coffeeholic:

The siemens unit is really easy compared to the stoneridge - I prefer the siemens but we don’t use them at my new place of work

m4rky:

Coffeeholic:

The siemens unit is really easy compared to the stoneridge

I couldn’t agree more, I used a Stoneridge for 3 or 4 weeks a couple of years ago and found it to be very unintuitive compared to the Siemens.

Really didn’t like it one bit.

m4rky:
Hi Dave yep I remember my ADR well :smiley: - Hope your ok?

Hi Mark,
Yes mate, I’m fine ta… and I see that you’re sorted for a job, so that’s great.

That’s a great post mate, and having read it, I’m pretty sure that folks will find it most helpful. Nice one!! :smiley:

the latest ones on our 10 reg trucks are different to the old one,but dont take much picking up,
the older types are easy enough when you get used to them, just watch the DATES are correct

ady1:
the latest ones on our 10 reg trucks are different to the old one

That’ll be the REV 7 models with OK and back buttons. (The link page above highlights the difference between button style on the units)

How much better are the new ones? Are they still a pile of ■■■?

Whilst the manual entry procedure on the pre REV7 models is at best ‘painful,’ and I’m sure that it was coded by Muppets on acid, in defence of the Stoneridge I have always thought that the default display screen was much more helpful than the VDO one. I liked the way that it displayed the time in current activity and this reset to zero when the mode was changed. The only time this was different was when ‘driving’ time was displayed, in which case it started at the previous driving time unless 45 minutes of break, availability or unknown had been recorded, in which case previous driving time was zeroed. Don’t blame the tachos for doing this, it is the law.

REV7 also has a simplified ‘ferry rest interruption’ entry procedure. There is also a sort of ‘automatic’ daily rest entry in that when you insert a card it will ask if the time between the last card withdrawal and the current card insertion is to be counted as ‘rest.’ If it was, you just answer the question as ‘yes’ and the tacho will put a manual entry on the card to that effect.

The default recording mode on ‘ignition off’ may be set using a Company Card, unlike the VDO which requires a Workshop Card.

the thing that annoys me is the “X” symbol is the international sign for NO, but on stoneridge it means BACK■■?

and the “downwards arrow” symbol is the international sign for RETURN or BACK, but on stoneridge it means CONFIRM■■?

WTF