Radclive transport

chazzer:
Hi Ray, MacTrucking was the subbie from over the border but as we all called him Mac I can’t remember his proper name but not a man to upset after a few drinks. Malcolm Coates was another driver who had been on the m/e for a long time and had worked for John ? the man who organised the Angola merceneries as transport manager based on the airfield behind Leigh Delamere services loading trailers for Kuehne and Nagel. Unfortunately Malcolm was in the dark to the fact that his boss was pocketing the upfront money and had been told that they were storing the trailers until there were enough to send probably 100 units in one go. Quite surprised when K & N reps turned up wanting to know why all their loads had’nt shipped but the money had been drawn. Malcolm went to Aus where he died in a trucking accident several years later or so I have been told, if I’m wrong I am sure someone will put me right.
Mick Shirley is now retired allegedly as a truck salesman although I was doing some work for him last year as he still keeps his hand in delivering new vehicles for Amey. Two other Radclive m/e drivers were Rod Sadler who sadly died from cancer and Alan Clayton, Goddard still lives in Wantage and I know he looks at this site quite regularly so he might be tempted to sign up and put some of his own tales on here. JSK had an F12 6x4 V reg which he started doing heavy haulage with Derek Garrard from Longworth until he and Heather moved to Spain along with said F12 and according to Derek who has a holiday home near John not far from Granada the F12 resides in the front garden much to Heathers disgust.
Ashley Coghill sent me an email the other day with a picture off of toprun with myself, Micky Dunston and I think JSK and trucks on top of Mont Cenis so I will try and paste it in here soon.
Mushroomman your right it is definately Mrs Winslow’s little boy and Micky Dunston in the other pic.
Chazzer

Is this the Derek Garrard that drove an F88 for John Wisschussen,a subbie for Chapman and Ball?