The story so far - NOW PASSED CLASS 1

2nd day of training over.

Ok so just a breif update and thats the 2nd training day over got few more to go then test on the Monday fingers crossed.

Yesterday
So yesterday went ok kept riding the clucth so got told off for that, :blush: mostly it was just getting used to which gears to use as and where needed and getting used to the size and weight and the way daf acted. We had to take another lad for his test in the artic so we jumped in that the lad arrived and he drove the artic to the test centre we wished him good luck and got picked up to be taken back to the training depot, then out for another run in the rigid quite a good run went well i thought apart from when we were going up a hill and I just natrually changed down a gear and got told off again :blush: The daf would of quite happily carried on up the hill in 7th. So back to the depot again and in the car to go and pick up the lad who done his artic test. The fella really didn’t looked pleased sitting in the cab then we climbed in and happy days the fella had passed with only 4 minors so well done to him. Then back to the yard for one last spin around leighton buzzard. So far so good

Today
Wow what a day serious learning curve! First run through some nice tight bends and streets where you wouldn’t get a van and car past each other let alone a wagon and anything else. Then on to the reversing excercise after being shown a couple times by my instructor im getting there just got keep a eye on that front wheel and the yellow line. Then came the braking exercise after I kept going for the clutch to soon and slamming the brakes instead of pressing slowly but firmly and off course alot of swearing im starting to get the hang of it. And so finally on to run 2 all was going well doing hill starts up and down pulling over setting of etc, we were going through a high street with cars parked about and I went to overtake a parked car and just seriously messed up the gears but managed to get the right one again after alot of swearing.

I can feel myself starting to get the hang of it mainly thanks to a good instructor, but now im off for a couple cans as my head feels like its about to explode. :open_mouth: