What do you think?

Well Lucy… you asked for opinions, and I don’t expect mine to go down well. I will take the flack for what I 'm about to say. I think that this site knows that a majority of it’s readers are male, and that the haulage industry mostly employs males. I also think that this site will try to curry favour with those in that postition, in order to get people to post and visit the site regularly.
I do have a a genuine sympathy for blokes who have lost legal battles to see their kids, especially, when they really want to be a part on a long term basis, in seeing their kids grow up, ESPECIALLY when they pay support/maintanence. I think that the reason that the whole debate falls down, is that when the issue of child support is raised, in many cases, there is a dispute.
Now for a woman, there is NO doubt that she is the Mum, because, she will (mostly) raise the child from the moment that it is born.
I do not dispute that access should be given to a Dad if they being financially and emotionally supportive, that is how things should be, but I have only know two men in my entire life, who have raised their kids, without any maternal support.
These Dads are GOOD. They have raised their kids and have a fantastic approach towards their job/role.
Yet I struggle to understand the protests of men who, want to be a part of their kids life, and are willing to put the time and effort in, as opposed to the majority of women who have been raising their children alone for decades, without most men having much care.

The reason that the campaign by Father’s for Justice has gained very little support or popularilty is that it seems that most most men do not want an 18 year + ‘sentance’ of child support paymements.

With the greatest of respect Lucy, I honestly feel that you are one of the most diplomatic people on this site, and I really admire the sense of fairness and humour that you engender, but I think that this particular issue, is gender biaised because the site needs more people to visit it.