Old livestock hauliers shropshire

dessert driver:
Hi boys

Dave the Renegade:

dessert driver:
Hi boys
I went for a family walk along the Whixall canal Sunday night past Bill (RIP) and Les Dulsons place and took a few picks of there old trucks.

Great pics Keith,a lot of history in a yard like that.
Cheers Dave.

Shaw is Dave.I first remember them working out of Irish Sea Ferries Garston, very early seventies They used to take the box off a six wheeler Leyland when the cattle job was quiet and move Lancashire flats. One day on the way back from Manchester we came behind them,Les driving Bill shot gun. When we got to Middlewich they turned for Nantwich and the low bridge under the canel. Thinking they knew a way around we followed. As they droped down to the bridge the lights changed to green, Less hit the gas, BANG the old style container with the lifting eyes on top hit the bridge and under it went. Could have swore the truck lifted six inches when it come out the other end.Good job we had only a flat on. Anyway a couple of mile down the road there used to be a small cafe and we both pulled in. Dad said to Bill did you know you hit the bridge, He said what bridge we always come this way. :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith.

Hi keith yep les as told me about the bridge route. after the six wheeler they had a guy big j tractor unit on irish sea ferries