Old livestock hauliers shropshire

Hi Jonto, unfortunatly I had to sell the petrol station about 10 yrs ago,there is now a tractor dealership operating from there, I assume that it brings in a lot more profit than running lorries and selling fuel ever used to. It was always a pet hate of dads to open up after closing time, but living on the site it was a drawback to the job, I remember one night opening up for the local ambulance to top up after a call, this was around 9pm and I never minded doing that as you never knew who or where it would be next called to, but when I was called on again at about 1am to fill it up gain, only to find that the bloody thing was still full,the crew had changed and instead of looking at the guage, or dipping the tank if they thought that the fuel gauge was faulty,the dipsticks prefered to call me out,the vehicle had only covered 1/2 a mile to the ambulance station and 1/2 a mile back down to the garage :imp: :imp: To say that I wasnt a happy chappy would be an understatment, but they never made the same mistake again !!.
I didnt get to drive our Commer,it was sold long before I started driving,although I remember it well, you could always tell it coming miles away by its sound, both the engine and the brakes, the Albion being the first vehicle that I drove after my HGV test.
regards Andrew.