Old livestock hauliers shropshire

Hello Andrew
Do you still have the filling station? I remember back in the late 70’s or early 80’s when on the VSCC welsh trial which that year finished at Knighton leaving for the journey home about four in the afternoon, the plan being to fill up at your garage and arriving there to find it closed. So nothing for it but to knock at the house and say sorry, I guess it was your father who emerged, I remember he was a bit grumpy saying this had happened before and they only bought ten bobs worth, so anyway he filled us up, it would have been five or six gallons to top it. The car was a 1926 AC two seater with dicky, scuttle tank, gravity feed and the filler cap was on the dashboard!
I had a Commer two stroke for a while back in the 60’s, it was belonged to Alf Wymmes of Bignal End another coal dealer, dad lent them one of our Bedfords for one of his sons to learn to drive on, must have been though more suitable, meanwhile I had the Commer. I remember going to Hem heath colliery with it driving along the A34 in the early hours to que up for loading, with my foot flat on the floor trying to get the boost gauge ever higher. The uniflow engine has no induction stroke and so needs to be pressurised to get the fuel in. I read somewhere that the engine was designed using German Junkers technology and was built by Tilling Stevens hence the TS designation and the 3 for the three cylinder configuration