Old livestock hauliers shropshire

Denis F:

Pebbles 74:
Hello Andrew, yes LM was a big operation. They were envoled in the animal feed milling, fattening, the processing & supply to the supermarkets & their own retail. Apparently the LM name is only used on the high-street butchers shops now, the processing plant being sold to a company called 2-Sisters from the Midlands.

regards, Andrew

LM are still involved in the feed milling and I believe the fattening ( chicken) , afaik the site is leased to 2 sisters (MRCT are doing most of the transport)

They shut the lamb plant about 3 years ago ( I delivered there about 3 times a week)

Lloyd Maunders was a regular run on a Friday for us. I used to ride shotgun with a driver & after running a couple of loads of barreners to a local plant, we used to wash out, load lambs & run down there from the old Ross on Wye market. I well remember chasing a couple of lambs down the road there one friday afternoon. I know it was a long time ago but I’m certain they had lines there for Cattle & Pigs as well as sheep back then.

The day was long & hard but the target was to get back to North Petherton before the chip shop closed.

More photos please.

BB