A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Hauliers

toplineruk:
Hello Andrew
I remember your uncle Marty when he drove the bedford at A E Stuarts and son and remember when he had BFJ 960T from new. I can recall stuarts when they operated from Ottery ST Mary and moved to Clyst ST Mary and used to ride along with marty and had some right good laughs and then i passed my hgv and drove for them for many a year and like all the other who worked there it was a very sad loss when the gave up transporting cattle ect bur i suppose all good things must come to an end

Hello toplineruk,
Good to hear from you, apologies for not getting back to you before, not been on-line much in the last few weeks. I’ll mention your message to Martin when I speak to him next. He is driving for Halse of Honiton now, delivering farm machinery all over the South West & a lot further afield sometimes.

I can just about remember when hes was working for Stuart’s only being about 4 or 5 years old at the time. I can remember riding in BFJ960T on a couple of occasions. I also remember Martin pulling her up outside Mum & Dads at Fenny Bridges with a bullock that had managed to get one of it’s back legs up & over the back gates, that took a bit of sorting out! I’m hoping to get some more of his Stuart’s photo’s on here.

I’ve got some of Martin’s photo’s from when he was driving for my Dad that I’m going to post on the Devon Companies thread.

All the best, Andrew Stone