Old livestock hauliers shropshire

atkidave:
hi andrew, when did you finish brick bros? & do u have a photo of the 3 series you drove for deakins?

Hi Dave, well, closed most of it in 1997/98,I kept one lorry on contract to H.P.Bulmer in Hereford,driven by Mike Golder, sold 2 the last new bulk trailers
(a Wisbeach and a Wilcox 55c.yarders) and I went to Steve Deakins, starting off his haulage buisness and holding the operators licence and C.P.C, and driving a 380 Topliner Streamliner 6x2. I left Steve in 1999 ,to go & work for H.P.Bulmer,due to better wages, driving one of their lorries, I also did some work for Pentons and Wincanton on the fridges at times. Mike left me in 2000,so I went back to driving my own F10, changing it for a FH12 420 (which I had chipped to a 460 due to poor fuel consumption) on contract to H.P.Bulmer, mostly on Scotch work.This lorry was stolen the old Roberts yard in September 2001, and I went back to driving for H.P.Bulmers, although mostly on long night runs (Kent and Leeds) and although I have always liked early starts, I found working nights and trying to sleep during the day hard,so when I was offered the fuel job driving a six wheeler at Presteigne I took it.This was a good driving job on local deliveries, although I missed the distance work, and I have always prefered to drive a artic. I did quite a bit of continental work,driving for Transam and StageTruck on the Rock & Roll which helped keep my hand in, but all this has stopped since my back collapsed in Feb. last year. I had a large spinal op last November, and although I have been told that I shouldnt drive trucks for another 9 months, I am now well on the mend, and missing truck driving badly, with a bit of luck (and after the OK from my surgeon) I might be able to do some continental touring work by late summer.
Unfortunatly I havnt any photos of the 113 that I drove for Steve Deakins, always working to hard to take any!!!
regards Andrew.