Old livestock hauliers shropshire

just a quick one before I get off to get some sleep,early morning 2morrow.
A couple of years ago Countrywide sent us ADR drivers to a company in Evesham for “saftey and economy” training !. This was tought by a retired copper,(nothing against retired coppers,in my book all coppers should be retired.) Anyway he took my college, Gary Fergison, yes the Gary Fergi who won lorry driver of the year award twice and is a carefull and steady experianced driver,and myself out on a unloaded Iveco box van. Well Gary went first and the instructer henpecked him so much about block changing and using his gears that he made him make loads of mistakes,which normaly Gary would never make. I went next, having listened to him picking on Gary I drove around like a zombie, cruising uphill and downhill in top, and just driving unnormally and the instructer never said a word !.. After the run had finished and I asked the instructer what he thought ,he then complemented me on my driving and reckoned that I held the cup for using the least fuel used and doing the least gearchanges. but he was surprised as hell when I told him that he was bloody dangerous,when starting off with a heavy load start in the proper gear,not a higher one and slipping the clutch, how long would the lorry stick that ? and when you go down a bank you should use your gears,one higher than you would need to go up was the golden rule., the way he was training to go down any hill in top, thus saving fuel.yes you can go downhill like this,but you probably wont reach the bottom in one piece.!,
This muppett,who by the way has never even driven a loaded lorry, teaching any young driver to drive this way is stupid and dangerous.
Anyway he had the last laugh, my boss rang me up after he had had the results and asked if I had taken my sheepdog with me…
the instructer had assessed my driving with "Livestock experience clearly evident ". I ask you!!!.