Old livestock hauliers shropshire

andrew brick:

XCJ 564 T,274 bhp LB111,driven by Rhys Jones. Our first Scania,dad wanted to buy another F88 but by this time Volvo had stopped making them and dad didnt trust the new F10, after quickly thinking about a Leyland Marathon we saw sence and bought the Scania.
I remember Roy Edwards ( M A Evans and latterly Knighton Trucks) questioning our choice and I remember him saying that Scanias were “nothing but trouble” to be fair at this time he was a big E R F man,the first Scania that Roy had was a second hand 111 driven by Brian Kitchen.
Strange the twists of time !.
Before this Rhys had a P reg F86 unit, good little truck,but to be fair it wasnt quite up to the job,Brian Jones (wiskers) from Presteigne drove this Volvo after Rhys. Rhys did see it still working pulling a tipping trailer inthe late 80`s,but probally long bitten the dust now.
I would love to find some photos of this little Volvo.

Perhaps Rhys has some photo’s of it Andrew,although I expect he was like the rest of us,never carried a camera. I remember the F86,good lorries,but I expect they were too light to pull a trailer into some of the farmyards where you needed the weight for traction.
Cheers Dave.