I thought I was happily married, but then

I agree that no one cheats unless there are problems at home. Affairs aren’t the cause of the problems, they’re a result of them. And its up to both to address them and take responsibility for them.

I think the ability to get over it depends on the effort made by both partners. It’s amazing what time (in some cases, ALOT of time) can heal if both are determined to save the relationship. And its easy to say that you won’t put up with it, but its shocking what people put up with in the name of love…I guess we all have to be in the situation before we know how we’ll truly react. Everyone deserves forgiveness once… and a chance to make things right.

Then again… there are people who cheat just because they cheat… just for the thrill or to see if they can get away with it. Those relationships are never worth the effort… and the quicker ya get out of them, the better off you are. Otherwise you look back and realize that you’ve wasted some of the best years of your life on scum. Trust me on that one !!! :wink: