Old livestock hauliers shropshire

Brilliant photos, lovely to see those old cattle trucks, they bring back lovely memories for me. Anyone got any more to post? I’d love to see some of A.F.Cook lorries from Frampton Cotterell near Bristol. I did thousands of miles with the drivers of this firm when I was a boy & I’ve some wonderful memories from those days.

H.H.Williams from Hardwicke near Gloucester were also a good firm to see at the markets. I’ve watched them load at Glouceser many times, they used to take most of the Bulls & hundreds of barren cows away from there each week.

Harraways from Yatton near Bristol also stick out in my mind, I remember seeing their first artics in Chippenham market back in the late sixties & recall the amazement of the farmers looking at their first Scania 110 with a sleeper cab saying about it having a bed in the cab.

Raymond Webb, David Watts. Stokes, Charlie Brimble. Walter Bye & Son, J Fry from Blagdon. Midland meat packers & Dougie Clay all spring to mind. There were many others but it was a long time ago. I wish I had pictures of them.

I’m so pleased some people had cameras with them & photographed & posted these lovely lorries.

BB