Old brs lorries

Hello all,
I was given an old calendar with these pictures on it.Would there be some Senior BRS drivers around who would remember some of them? Regards,900X20.

Smashing stuff, both Peter Davies and Mike Jefferies are brilliant transport artists. Has anybody got any copies of the “lorry bills” posters that BRS applied to the sides of their vans in the very early days? There was a series of paintings depicting BRS activities, showing their lorries in different situations. Some of them can be spotted on vans in various books, but how many were there in total?

Here are some more from the calendars I have.They’re not all BRS though.I might be able to get hold of a few more.The painting is as true as it can get (having driven some of them) Regards to all,900X20.

Really good pic’s there 900X20 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: keep them coming, lot’s on here will love them. Don’t think I would want to be the driver of the BRS Vulcan KYK 725 Looks a bit unstable. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers

John,

John,I’m with you. Hanging beef was bad enough but I wouldn’t take liberties with that Vulcan load. 900X20.

900X20:
John,I’m with you. Hanging beef was bad enough but I wouldn’t take liberties with that Vulcan load. 900X20.

Great pics and I can just about remember all of those makes and models.I like that Octopus GWH 312,registered in Bolton I think.
Driver of that Vulcan looks ready to “bale” out (sorry) :laughing:

900X20:

I think if you took the top 2 rows off that Vulcan it would still be a bit iffy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

900X20:

Great pics and I can just about remember all of those makes and models.I like that Octopus GWH 312,registered in Bolton I think.
Driver of that Vulcan looks ready to “bale” out (sorry) :laughing:

Nice to know it’s not just me that’s getting old Chris. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers

John.

900X20:

Don’t worry lads, it’s a load of hops - next to no weight at all really, and at 20mph (of course we stick to the limit, officer!) it’s quite safe. I’ve seen them with a good bit more than this on.

So have I, but that was in Turkey, not UK :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good Day to you all,Gentlemen.
I managed to get the rest of the old paintings from the calendar so here they are.I’m glad the previous ones were of interest and if,in the future ,I can get any more,rest assured they will be on this site P.D.Q.!
Enjoy.Regards,900X20.

Nice one’s 900x20 there the business very good thanks.

cheers

John.

foden in exellent roadscapes calender (this foden being restored by john gornal spennymoor-alan

revman:
foden in exellent roadscapes calender (this foden being restored by john gornal spennymoor-alan

Was chatting to Alan and Colleen yesterday,got that print,there’s another Foden behind it,a great pic.
Cheers Dave.

Drove a mighty Antar in Germany with a Conqueror tank on the trailer approx 150 ton, was a swine to find a route to the company we had to deliver it to, the bridges was the trouble, 50 tons was a lot of the limits. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

hiya,
The Vulcan load , hops, fresh air, nearly as light as a load of glider engines.
thanks harry long retired.

fodenway:
Smashing stuff, both Peter Davies and Mike Jefferies are brilliant transport artists. Has anybody got any copies of the “lorry bills” posters that BRS applied to the sides of their vans in the very early days? There was a series of paintings depicting BRS activities, showing their lorries in different situations. Some of them can be spotted on vans in various books, but how many were there in total?

This thread title may be a bit misleading for this link, but I found it yesterday while perusing the web

redbubble.com/people/artistj … /portfolio

So if it is your birthday and you want something different, just leave that webpage open when you nip out to the shed.

There are some 200 amazing paintings and memories in there! Lorries and Engines