TNT - Global Express, Logistics & Mail

CRAIG D:
hi basilbrush idont know if you know or remember my dad Stuart Deeley he was and still is a subbie for TNT around that time working out of Atherstone PDC and a driver that worked for us too Len Harris we would have been running red and white mercedes at the time .Tom Eskin ,John Hole ,Gerry Allen (wellingbrough) Mel reed(Durham)all retiered overthe last 12-18 months.harry isley (Deeside)and a few others i carnt think of thier names at the min sadly passed away.Derek warbouton ill heath(Rammy)Len Valentine, fred Tier Steve Perkins (Llantrisant) still up at the hub every night. Guppy shunts the C&Dvans in the yard now and comes upto the hub occasinaly Hornsey depot shut and moved to Enfield now but carnt remember any names onlya coloured lad Mel from Hornsey any more names you think of ill try and help you with il try and sort out a few pics of our trucks n put on here craig

Hello Craig

If you see Fred Tier, ask him if he remembers Colin from Bristol depot. I used to run nights up to Leicester depot before the Hub & Fred used to run there too. He’s one hell of a character.

Tommy Eskins & Mel Reed also used to run there too. Tomy & me were regulars running together & I’ve a lot of rspect for Tommy. They were a great bunch of people to work with & I miss them all.

I’d like the late Pete Smith to be remembered, he passed on 19 years ago this coming August & was one of the nicest people I’ll ever know. Lots of the lads there & Shirley in the canteen (if she’s stil there) will remember him.

Alan McDaid Durham
Des Bitcon Carlisle
Les Praiter Hounslow
Khan Luton
Brian Davies Wellingborough
Ken Baker Llantrisant
Bill Keel Llantrisant
Phil Dowell Llantrisant
Bob Smith Milton
Dave Fortisque Milton
Joe Worcester
Ken Worcester
Rick Weiczec Milton

If you get a chance, go into the VMU & shake John hodges hand for me. Tell him Colin from Bristol says hello.

There’s loads of them, all nice people. This is a great thread & I hope to post a couple of photos on here soon.

BB