recipies

what’s your favourite recipie
is there anything you would’nt eat
is there a recipie you would like to try and don’t know how to go about it
your thoughts please I’m toying with an idea

pam

Nothing spicy for me, no offal, and no gravy, what time do I come round then?

:smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Mrs MIX wants a recipe :smiley:

My Fav is Fish pie! :wink: with rice of course!

Fish pie ? That sounds wrong. Fish… ? in a pie … ? :open_mouth: :confused: . Must be missing something here. You put meat in pies not fish :confused: .

Will have to give that a whirl at some point to see what I’m missing. Can’t do with rice though, yuck. Might have to have it with gravy and mint sauce instead (everything has gravy and mint sauce on it :slight_smile: ).

Cheers.

I wont eat it if it’s moving, ruile 1 :wink:

o.k I’ll give you the gist of my idea I’m thinking of compiling a cookbook
nothing fancy just simple quick easy to follow recipies that suit most people
i.e:- truck drivers want something quick and easy to make but wholesome
someone else might need a low fat diet
so now you can see what I’m getting at any ideas

pam

On a long trip, everyone sets out with good intentions and has several tins of tuna, corned beef and oil and water. Eggs and bread are bought on route and you get a collection of tins that you picked up in a supermarket on the czech border.

for the first 3 days you will eat well and quite healthily with salads and cold meats from a cool box. after a week you will risk the local food and eat in a cheap truckstop or restaurant.

During the second week you will be fully stocked up with turkish or greek supplies because the stuff from England is either off, too hard or impossible to eat.

On a return trip you will decide to have a last meal before hitting civilization in Germany.

Then you can open all these tins you bought and boil them up in a pan, another truck will pull up next to you and they will offer a couple of battered tins with no labels on them, throw some pasta or rice in and then cover the lot with that bottle of green stuff that is rattling around the trailer box.

As the kettle boils you and 3 or 4 other drivers sit around an open trailer box and tell stories, as you eat sweetcorn with rice pudding. meatballs in gravy with lentils and black treacle. As long as everyone threw in an oxo cube with the knor sauces then it might be edible. Someone has some black bread from the last trip and offers it round, along with a screw top bottle of retsina.

Best meal Ive ever had we all agree :stuck_out_tongue:

Camion Stew
Ingredients Various

Do I detect a trip down memory lane then Malc?
Its not the same as sitting down to the cuisine at Night Owl Alconbury is it, thank god.

Beef au pain (en francaise)

Serves 19:

Ingredients:
One slice of bread
One OXO cube
Boiling water

Method:
Boil one kettle… if no kettle availibale… a cafitierre will do the trick… anyway… one fairly hot cup of water… slowly introduce an oxo cube… wait until the cube has dissolved…stir genorously… stir stir stir… cough… stop stirring when it looks a bit like black coffee, but smells like roast beef or hot pot ( smell will vary depending on the levels of appetite)

Meanwhile, crumble one slice of bread (a bread roll will suffice) into meaty like chunks. Set these aside.

As the ‘oxo’ mixture infuses, take your previosly chopped bread chunks and add them to the mixture with a plastic fork in a greedy motion.

Toss lightly, and serve with any free sachets of ketchup or ‘daddy’s’

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!

Put a pint of water in a saucepan.
Boil it.
When it starts to boil, throw in a generous handful of pasta.
Bring back to the boil and then simmer till the pasta is soft enough.
Drain the water from the pan.
Slop in a tub of Dolmio slop in pasta sauce.
Stir till pasta has a good covering of sauce.
Eat.

:laughing: :laughing:

Even better

park up have 3 or 4 jars

Go to kebab shop! :smiley:

One of David’s faves is a tin of macaroni cheese with a tin of tuna stirred in. Bleargh. :angry:

mrs5l:
One of David’s faves is a tin of macaroni cheese with a tin of tuna stirred in. Bleargh. :angry:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: disgusting :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:

Sounds great! :laughing:

Pot Noodle and Bread

Boil kettle follow instructions on side of Pot Noodle wait ,( it says one minute but always takes two!!!).

When ready add the sachet then stuff as much bread as you can in to the Pot ( one and a half slices is usually enough)Hey Presto ready meal made for one YUM …

Yay! Pot Noodle and bread, my favourite. :wink:

I’m sure there was a disturbingly detailed list of recipies up in Bully’s at one point.

mrs5l:

Bit of a theme here, Get left to rot by an old shed in the middle of the fens :open_mouth: root around under bunk find following ; 1 tin macaroni cheese 1 tin chicken curry, throw in suacepan together heat til you get fed up of testing it, then devuor :laughing: find tap fill kettle boil for black coffee because your milk has turned to cheese :confused:
Sit back and wonder if maybe you ought to be some what more organised, take note never to be cought out that way again :slight_smile:

Another fav of mine is a tin of beans with chunks of cheese chukced in until they melt hey presto cheesy beans, YUM :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .

I remember when a previous partner of mine was pregnant and she was making corn flake chocolate cakes for her kids but she was eating pickled onions at he same time so decided to try one with chocolate on it, believe me this is a fantastic use of chocolate try it you will be amazed its really nice,

jammymutt:
Another fav of mine is a tin of beans with chunks of cheese chukced in until they melt hey presto cheesy beans, YUM :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .

I remember when a previous partner of mine was pregnant and she was making corn flake chocolate cakes for her kids but she was eating pickled onions at he same time so decided to try one with chocolate on it, believe me this is a fantastic use of chocolate try it you will be amazed its really nice,

She was pregnant, what was your excuse■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
YUK!!! :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
She was pregnant, what was your excuse■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
YUK!!! :laughing:

Even pregnancy isn’t a good enough excuse for some things… YUCK YUCK YUCK :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: