united carriers

kevchalluk:
ah, it’s Roy and Kev Bowling I was thinking of earlier not Bowles! I remember John Harding and Barry Mov too. Do you remember Dave Elborough? I think he went from Carriers to open a sports shop in Pasture Road in Goole called Daly Sports. I used to knock about with his son, Craig, a bit in my younger days.

Dave Elborough, yes sorry, I got mistaken with the electrical supplies Ellwood. Of course it was.

DALY sports name was taken from Dave and Lynn. his wife I think. :stuck_out_tongue: another great bloke

I am enjoying this thread, it makes my brain cells work a little harder.

I used to See Barry Moverley a lot in my local pub, He is a great bloke and we always talked about the old times, he had a stroke , but he was doing quite well when I saw him last, some relation of Les Underwood I believe. weren’t they all, Tommy, Trevor Egan.

Bill Maggs was another you would remember, he was the bloke who always had a brush in his hand and kept the yard tidy, especially under the bays.

Little biddy in the workshop also had a heart attack but was fine when I last saw him Howden.

Got to go, she is not impressed with me again, things to do, :stuck_out_tongue: