united carriers

Wheel Nut:
Say Hello to Kenny for me :stuck_out_tongue: He maybe wont remember me because he never stopped running round York with Micky Robinson as his ■■■■■. I ended up with Roys lad as my ■■■■■ on Hull 1. I also taught young Andy the ropes, he was related to Kev Archer.

I am trying to remember Jocks son in laws name, (maybe Pete) but seem to think he worked for Brian Leighton Garages at the time.

what’s your real name Wheel Nut and when were you at Carriers? Yeah, I still see Micky Rob around Howden from time to time. I think it was Trev Appleyard on York 2 as my dad’s oppo, but I don’t think they got along! :laughing: I’ve got some great memories of dashing round York like a blue-arsed fly with my dad - quite often if we were doing drops to shops in the city centre he’d give me a couple of parcels to carry on my own with the delivery note to take to one shop while he loaded the barrow up to take elsewhere! I was only about 8 or 9 and was dashing into shops shouting “sign this love please” :laughing:

Pete’s son-in-law is Pete Ullathorne, not sure if he worked at Brinny’s but he is (was) a mechanic. When I started at JEM he was their in-house mechanic, servicing all JEM’s own wagons. Now they’re a proper Nightfreight franchise everything’s contract hire and Pete is an area manager or something!