18 year old lgv drivers

I voted no for the reasons given by Lankytim, Rocky and others. There’s nothing that can teach you experience, and if you go out as a mate with a sensible driver that’s been doing it a few years, you can see an awful lot that goes on, not only on the road, but in yards / factories, etc.
I had the advantage of going out with me old Dad when I was a kid, and by the time I was old enough to get a licence, I was better than some blokes who’d been doing it a while. Not just the driving, but loading, securing and protecting the load, etc, and looking after the lorry. I don’t drive anymore, but I see young blokes here in artics and rigids that are revving the crap outa their engines, whacking the clutch in and generally trying to drive them like sports cars. I know there’re people that have been driving for years and still wonder why they break half shafts, burn out clutches and so on, but we’ll always have people that’ll never learn. However, a year or so with another driver once you’re 21, can teach you a great deal.