Whats with all the Transam posts

That’ll be Longs then !!, iv been on & off with Longs since 2002, just done my last 2 wks, never again ever… loads of drivers have left again this year, even the old boys, like Chris Cokaine, 80 drivers up to 11th September 09, last yr 150 went through, I must know you then, is you Dave ?

ironstipper:

euromat:

ironstipper:

euromat:

ironstipper:
I can only assume its what they transport thats the interest.

I saw one of their wagons on the A14 a month or so ago when i was doing boxes, and to be fair it looked rather tatty and beaten up to be honest. It would certainly be laughed out of truckfest. I just assumed it was driven by someone with no pride in their job and could not in any way see why there was so much interest in the company.

i too have wondered why all the interest. with regards to the truck, a lot of drivers on here are not interested in driving or trucking, they want to work in the music industry and this is how they do it, there are a few of us who take pride in our trucks, however we would never win any shows (the trucks are far too plain). i assume its who we are with and the places we go which interests some, and im also guessing that some people wondered if they spotted kindle (when he worked here) or myself, and it just seemed to go mad!

Cheers fella, that clears that up. to be honest, as an avid Radio 4 listener and lover of the Archers, even your line of work would not really intrest me either.

Thanks for clearing that up though. Take care

Phil

it suits some and not others, some people have a family and kids who they want to spend time with!

Yep, can relate to that. 9 weeks at sea done my head in at one go. so i changed company and wifey really got a tad jarred when i manage to scrape a whole 4 days at home in a 4 month period before i gave up the oil game. she thought things where looking up when i decided to drive for a living for a local firm moving JCB’s and CLAAS machinery all over Europe. Very much more devastated when i was having less time at home then i was at sea.

but for personal experiences, i have worked on nearly every continent in the world. (antarctica is the missing one)

Some folk just cant take the lifestyle of being away from home without needing a swallow to occupy their time. I now have my first job since leaving school where I’m home every night. My eldest is 19, nearly 20. missed a lot really.