Italy help at any time

JonnyRage:
Hi I am delivering a load to just outside of Naples, would you be so kind as to tell me the best and cheapest route, do I need to be wary of being hijacked as I have heard rumours but tend to take them with a pinch. I intended to use frajus. Any help would be greatly appreciated

As far as I remember, the best and cheapest route is the obvious one, when looking at a map.
Calais, Reims, Dijon, Lyon, Chambery, Frejus, Turin, Modena, Bologna, Florence, Rome, Naples.
(In Italy, look for the Italian names on the road signs - Torino, Firenza, Roma, Napoli or you’ll get lost. Use an Italian Stradali (map)).
Toll roads all the way basically, but they are also good clear and fast.
Don’t speed in Italy, they’ll fine you on the spot and are apparently quite keen these days, the limit is 80 :slight_smile: .
Naples had a reputation for hijackings, I don’t know how much of that reputation was truth or myth.
The story was, that it would be a Mafia hijacking, and that if you didn’t try to be a hero you and your personal gear would be ok. No-one else with any sense would try a hi-jacking in the Napoli area.
Naples isn’t an area I know at all, so I can’t recommend good parking.

From Calais, Macon is an easy 9 hours. The Pub at Bourg en Bresse is getting close to 10.
B & C for the BP at Macon and The Pub at Bourge
Either of those to the TIR Parking at Campogalliano or the big service area just before Bologna is a reasonable days work.They are both slightly off the direct route to Naples, but the extra distance isn’t worth bothering about.
A & B for Macon and the Pub, C & D for Campogalliano and Bologna
From either of these its an easy days drive to Naples.